Data Management Takoma Park, MD. As technology changes and the need to have access to data from any device becomes less a goal and more a mandate, firms large and small in Takoma Park, MD are recognizing the need for a trusted data management partner. Whether limiting document liability, securing sensitive information, or future-proofing paper documents with advanced scanning technology, proper data management can be the difference between your Takoma Park company being ready for the future and being left behind.
HITS has been a pace-setter in data management in Takoma Park, MD for over 25 years. We have built a reputation for using the latest technology to optimize your data and ensure that top-secret data stays private. Our cloud-based data management systems are the ideal solution for any size Takoma Park firm to allow their employees to access needed information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike in Takoma Park, MD partner with HITS to help meet their data management goals for a reason. We provide budget-friendly, trusted solutions with a level of personal service that is unmet. If you are thinking about reimagining your data management, call us today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online to learn more about what HITS can do for your Takoma Park, MD business.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is how organizations acquire, generate, store, and utilize data in a way that benefits their internal processes. It involves the use of technologies and procedures to ensure data is properly protected and easily accessed throughout its lifecycle. The objective of data management is to turn data into useful information that can prop up decision-making and drive business outcomes, as well as to enhance workflow efficiency.
7 Steps to Improve Your Data Management
Here are seven measures you can take to improve your Takoma Park, MD organization's data management:
- Clarify your data governance policies — Set up clear policies for managing data, including who what specific roles specific people have and what types of data need to be retained.
- Choose the right data management system — Invest in data management technologies that can automate data collection, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is dependable. Digital, cloud-based, and hybrid data management systems also make you more time- and cost-efficient and reduce the risk of errors by making information easier to retrieve.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and formatted consistently so that it can be utilized with ease.
- Improve data quality — Implement processes to ensure data does not degrade or become compromised, including data validation and error-checking. Regularly monitoring data can ensure it's not corrupted or inaccurate.
- Foster data literacy — Urge employees to improve their data literacy, so they understand how the data can help them. Offers resources to help employees understand data management concepts and technologies.
- Establish data security measures — Reduce your liability. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Don't stay satisfied with your data management procedures — The world of IT and technology is continuously changing. Regularly review your data management processes and procedures to identify how you can improve.
At HITS, we have more than 25 years of experience helping Takoma Park, MD organizations of all sizes, in a variety of industries, maintain effective data management procedures.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your Takoma Park, MD Organization
The past years have only underlined the need for Takoma Park firms of all sizes to build a complete data management plan that emphasizes accessability, adaptability, and security. More Takoma Park, MD employees are confident that remote work will not only be allowed but also expanded in the near future. This means that they will need to access any data from any device, even if their home internet's privacy is not as secure as the system at your main facility.
The constant progression of technology, and how your firm plans to adapt to new technology, is also important when devising a data management strategy. Software platforms that were industry-leading even two or three years ago can become outdated and unsupported before you know it. The emerging use of cloud-based platforms brings along with it its own concerns: should our Takoma Park, MD firm create our own digital ecosystem, or should we use third-party technology and expect that it stays supported for as long as we need it? Also, when changing software platforms, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and insure full integration must also be critical.
Good data management must also be aware of security and document liability. Older materials deteriorate over time, which means that critical historical data--or patient information, such as fetal monitoring strips, that must be retained to meet best practices--must be properly digitized so that they can be accessed without loss of quality. Storing old physical data also opens up liability issues, as it is impossible to predict if water or fire damage can ravage files in storage. Acting urgently to digitize and preserve historical data reduces both future liability and storage costs, permitting your Takoma Park, MD firm to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Proven Takoma Park, MD Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has given Takoma Park, MD businesses of all sizes a complete array of data management solutions. From our beginnings as a document scanning company, we have grown to offer remote work, data migration, and cloud storage solutions built for any size company in Takoma Park, MD.
The staff at HITS has dedicated itself throughout company history to always being on the cutting edge of data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you decide what data you need, and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and preserve it for future use either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or your existing document management platform.
When searching for a system to enable a smooth transition from the main office in Takoma Park to the home office, choose HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our technology guarantees that data is made accessible from any device, so your staff can be free to work from anywhere they want, with no need to worry about security.
HITS also offers a full scope of other data management services, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for digitizing documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also furnish what other Takoma Park, MD data management firms cannot--personalized service that listens to your needs and offers the right data management services for your particular situation.
Other services we offer in Takoma Park, MD include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
HITS has collaborated with hospitals, governments, and corporations of all sizes in Takoma Park, MD and is eager to help you rethink the way you look at your data management. Call us today at 888-455-4484, or contact us online to speak with a member of our crew and learn more about how HITS can assist you in meeting your data management goals.