Records Management St. Louis
Records Management in St. Louis. Records management is vital for any St. Louis organization to thrive and do the best work it possibly can. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in St. Louis for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to hospital records, to survey responses, HR data and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, principally by Emmett J. Leahy. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clear policies, standards, and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in St. Louis
We've been helping companies and organizations in St. Louis streamline their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help St. Louis healthcare providers eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in St. Louis.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical storage to digital, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one digital document management system to another, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce risk and improve ROI.
We use our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in St. Louis, you can be sure that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in St. Louis
There are myriad benefits to undergoing a digital transformation and moving to digital record management. It produces less pollution and greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for paper documents at work wastes time and money. One study found that employees spend 1.8 hours per day, or 9.3 hours per week, searching for information. With a streamlined, easy-to-access, and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a file will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper sitting on a shelf, in a closet, or in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in St. Louis
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, cost-effective solutions for St. Louis companies and organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in St. Louis, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.