Records Management Bethesda, MD
Records Management in Bethesda, MD. Records management is crucial for any Bethesda, MD enterprise to be at its best. If record management has become a problem for your Bethesda, MD workers, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to medical records, to customer reviews and internal audits, and records management is making sure those records is safely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the documents, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Bethesda, MD
HITS has been helping companies in Bethesda, MD modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Bethesda, MD healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are realizing the advantages to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've selected in Bethesda, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from paper documentation to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management software to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce liability and improve return on investment.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Bethesda, MD, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Digital Records Management in Bethesda, MD
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for paper documents at work wastes your employees' time. Research indicates workers 9.3 hours per week, looking for information. With a smooth-running and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored in a box. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Bethesda, MD include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Bethesda, MD
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Bethesda, MD companies that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Bethesda, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.