Records Management Chicago, IL
Records Management in Chicago, IL. Records management is essential for any Chicago, IL enterprise to flourish. If record management has become a problem for your Chicago, IL team, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from customer credit card info to contracts, to client reviews and internal audits, and records management is making sure those records is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, principally by Emmett J. Leahy. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the onboarding of a new project or any other data created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Our Records Management Services in Chicago, IL
We've been great records management plans for Chicago, IL organizations for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Chicago, IL hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the document management system you've selected in Chicago, IL.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical storage to digital, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management software to another, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce risk and improve return on investment.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Chicago, IL, you can be sure that your records are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Chicago, IL
There are numerous advantages to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document issues in the office waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. Research indicates workers almost 10 per week, searching for documents. With a streamlined and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a document will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document being stored in a warehouse. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Chicago, IL include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Chicago, IL
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, cost-effective solutions for Chicago, IL companies that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and boost their bottom line. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Chicago, IL, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.