Records Management Falls Church, VA
Records Management in Falls Church, VA. Records management is vital for any Falls Church, VA enterprise to flourish. If record management has become a nuisance for your Falls Church, VA employees, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from customer credit card info to hospital records, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is making sure that data is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a storage system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can have access.
Our Records Management Services in Falls Church, VA
We've been great records management plans for Falls Church, VA organizations for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Falls Church, VA healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Falls Church, VA simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your operations, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Falls Church, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical documents to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We implement our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Falls Church, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Digital Records Management in Falls Church, VA
There are countless benefits to investing in a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It's better for the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. Research indicates knowledge workers almost 10 per week, searching for information. With an efficient and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record stored digitally is much safer than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to a variety of governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Falls Church, VA include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Falls Church, VA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Falls Church, VA organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and boost their bottom line. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Falls Church, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.