Records Management Washington, DC
Records Management in Washington, DC. Records management is essential for any Washington, DC enterprise to do the best work it possibly can. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Washington, DC for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from customer credit card info to hospital records, to customer reviews and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the onboarding of a new project or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them in a secure location so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Washington, DC
We've been great document management systems for Washington, DC organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Washington, DC hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Washington, DC simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the record, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Washington, DC.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical documents to digital, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management system to another, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve ROI.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Washington, DC, you can be certain that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Washington, DC
There are countless benefits to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your employees' time. One study found workers almost two hours per day, searching for documents. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a document will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Washington, DC
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for Washington, DC companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Washington, DC, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.