Records Management Chesterfield, MO
Records Management in Chesterfield, MO. Records management is crucial for any Chesterfield, MO enterprise to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Chesterfield, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and HR data, and records management is making sure those documents is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the onboarding of a new project or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a place that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Records Management We Offer in Chesterfield, MO
We've been great document management systems for Chesterfield, MO organizations for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Chesterfield, MO hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
After we've digitized the document, we can convert it to the type of digital file that works best for you, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the document management system you've chosen in Chesterfield, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical storage to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management system to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Chesterfield, MO, you can be confident that your documents are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Why You Need Electronic Records Management in Chesterfield, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It's easier on the environment and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. One study found workers spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for information. With a streamlined and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document sitting in a box. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Chesterfield, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Chesterfield, MO companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Chesterfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.