Records Management Chesterfield, MO
Records Management in Chesterfield, MO. Records management is crucial for any Chesterfield, MO enterprise to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Chesterfield, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to hospital records, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is making sure those records is safely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Chesterfield, MO
We've been great records management systems for Chesterfield, MO organizations for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Chesterfield, MO hospitals, doctors' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
After we've digitized the record, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in Chesterfield, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve ROI time and time again.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Chesterfield, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Electronic Records Management in Chesterfield, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management improves your organization in countless ways. It's more eco-friendly and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of your workers' time. Research indicates knowledge workers 9.3 hours per week, looking for data. With an efficient and user-friendly electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a file will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored in a closet. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to a variety of governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Chesterfield, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Chesterfield, MO organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Chesterfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.