Records Management Brentwood, MO
Records Management in Brentwood, MO. Records management is vital for any Brentwood, MO enterprise to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Brentwood, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to medical records, to customer reviews and internal audits, and records management is making sure that information is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Our Records Management Services in Brentwood, MO
We've been great document management systems for Brentwood, MO organizations for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Brentwood, MO hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals get rid of the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into the digital format that works best for your operations, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are realizing the advantages to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've chosen in Brentwood, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Brentwood, MO, you can be certain that your documents are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in Brentwood, MO
There are myriad benefits to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for paper documents at work wastes time and money. One study found employees almost two hours per day, looking for information. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Data stored electronically is much safer than a phsycial document sitting in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Brentwood, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for Brentwood, MO companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Brentwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.