Records Management Brentwood, MO
Records Management in Brentwood, MO. Records management is vital for any Brentwood, MO organization to be at its best. If record management has become a problem for your Brentwood, MO team, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from client credit card info to hospital records, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is making sure that information is safely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a storage system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Our Records Management Services in Brentwood, MO
We've been helping organizations in Brentwood, MO modernize their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Brentwood, MO healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in Brentwood, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce risk and improve ROI.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Brentwood, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Brentwood, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of your workers' time. One study found knowledge workers 9.3 hours per week, looking for information. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Data stored digitally is much more secure than paper sitting in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Brentwood, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Brentwood, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Brentwood, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and be more productive. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Brentwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.