Records Management Annandale, VA
Records Management in Annandale, VA. Records management is essential for any Annandale, VA enterprise to do the best work it possibly can. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Annandale, VA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from client credit card info to contracts, to customer reviews and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the entering of a transaction or any other information resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to store it, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Records Management We Offer in Annandale, VA
HITS has been great records management plans for Annandale, VA organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Annandale, VA hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the document management system you've selected in Annandale, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical storage to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce liability and improve return on investment.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Annandale, VA, you can be confident that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in Annandale, VA
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. Research indicates employees spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for information. With an efficient and easy-to-access digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record stored digitally is much safer than a phsycial document being stored in a closet. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Annandale, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Annandale, VA companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Annandale, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.