Records Management Annandale, VA
Records Management in Annandale, VA. Records management is vital for any Annandale, VA enterprise to do the best work it possibly can. If record management has become a problem for your Annandale, VA workers, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to customer reviews and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other information created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Our Records Management Services in Annandale, VA
We've been great records management plans for Annandale, VA organizations for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Annandale, VA hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals get rid of the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We can scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in Annandale, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical documents to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management software to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We utilize our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Annandale, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Annandale, VA
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It's more eco-friendly and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes time and money. Research indicates employees spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for information. With a streamlined and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to numerous overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Annandale, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Annandale, VA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Annandale, VA organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Annandale, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.