Records Management Langley, VA
Records Management in Langley, VA. Records management is essential for any Langley, VA organization to be at its best. If record management has become a problem for your Langley, VA workers, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from client credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other information created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a place that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every stage of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Records Management We Offer in Langley, VA
HITS has been helping companies in Langley, VA modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Langley, VA healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are realizing the advantages to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the document management system you've chosen in Langley, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical storage to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We use our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Langley, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Langley, VA
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document issues in the office waste a ridiculous amount of your employees' time. Research indicates employees almost 10 per week, looking for documents. With a modernized and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
A Record stored digitally is much more secure than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Langley, VA include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Langley, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Langley, VA organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and be more productive. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Langley, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.