Records Management Silver Spring, MD
Records Management in Silver Spring, MD. Records management is crucial for any Silver Spring, MD enterprise to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Silver Spring, MD for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to client reviews and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other information your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them in a secure location so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Records Management We Offer in Silver Spring, MD
We've been helping organizations in Silver Spring, MD streamline their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Silver Spring, MD hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Silver Spring, MD simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the document, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are turning to remote work. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Silver Spring, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical documents to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve return on investment.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Silver Spring, MD, you can be confident that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Silver Spring, MD
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system enhances your organization in countless ways. It's better for the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document issues in the office waste a lot of time and money. One study found workers almost two hours per day, looking for data. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a document will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper being stored on a shelf. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with numerous regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Silver Spring, MD
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, cost-effective solutions for Silver Spring, MD organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Silver Spring, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.