Records Management Silver Spring, MD
Records Management in Silver Spring, MD. Records management is crucial for any Silver Spring, MD organization to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Silver Spring, MD for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from client credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and HR data, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other information created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a place that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every stage of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Silver Spring, MD
HITS has been great document management plans for Silver Spring, MD organizations for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Silver Spring, MD healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and organizations are realizing the advantages to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Silver Spring, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one digital document management application to another, HITS has the skills to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce liability and improve ROI.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Silver Spring, MD, you can be sure that your records are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Silver Spring, MD
There are numerous benefits to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. Research indicates employees 9.3 hours per week, looking for data. With a streamlined and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a record will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Silver Spring, MD include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Silver Spring, MD
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Silver Spring, MD organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Silver Spring, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.