Records Management Independence, MO
Records Management in Independence, MO. Records management is vital for any Independence, MO organization to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Independence, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from billing info to hospital records, to client reviews and personnel records, and records management is making sure that information is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every stage of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Records Management We Offer in Independence, MO
We've been great document management systems for Independence, MO organizations for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Independence, MO healthcare providers get rid of the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Independence, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the record, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your operations, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Independence, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from physical storage to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management application to another, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Independence, MO, you can be sure that your documents are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Why You Need Digital Records Management in Independence, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes time and money. One study found knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for documents. With a modernized and easy-to-access digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a document will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
A Record stored electronically is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting in a warehouse. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Independence, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Independence, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and boost their bottom line. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Independence, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.