Records Management Independence, MO
Records Management in Independence, MO. Records management is essential for any Independence, MO enterprise to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Independence, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to client reviews and HR data, and records management is making sure that data is safely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The notion of a record having a "life cycle" was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, principally by Emmett J. Leahy. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the entering of a transaction or any other information resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a place that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the documents, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can have access.
Records Management We Offer in Independence, MO
HITS has been helping companies in Independence, MO modernize their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Independence, MO healthcare providers get rid of the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we'll put it into the type of digital file that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in Independence, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from paper documentation to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to develop an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce liability and improve return on investment.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Independence, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Digital Records Management in Independence, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system enhances your organization in countless ways. It's better for the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes time and money. Research indicates workers almost 10 per week, searching for information. With an efficient and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Independence, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Independence, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, cost-effective solutions for Independence, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and be more productive. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Independence, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.