Records Management Herndon, VA
Records Management in Herndon, VA. Records management is essential for any Herndon, VA organization to do the best work it possibly can. If record management has become a problem for your Herndon, VA team, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management back on track. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from client credit card info to hospital records, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the onboarding of a new project or any other data your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can have access.
Records Management We Offer in Herndon, VA
HITS has been helping companies in Herndon, VA modernize their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Herndon, VA healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've selected in Herndon, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from paper documentation to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We implement our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Herndon, VA, you can be sure that your documents are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Herndon, VA
There are numerous benefits to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It's easier on the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of your knowledge workers' time. One study found knowledge workers almost 10 per week, searching for documents. With a streamlined and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document sitting on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Herndon, VA
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Herndon, VA organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Herndon, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.