Records Management Herndon, VA
Records Management in Herndon, VA. Records management is vital for any Herndon, VA enterprise to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Herndon, VA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to customer reviews and employee records, and records management is making sure those documents is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them in a secure location so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Records Management We Offer in Herndon, VA
We've been helping companies in Herndon, VA modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Herndon, VA healthcare providers get rid of the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Herndon, VA simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the document, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the records management system you've selected in Herndon, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical documents to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Herndon, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in Herndon, VA
There are numerous advantages to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It produces greenhouse gases and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for paper documents at work wastes your workers' time. One study found workers almost 10 per week, looking for documents. With an efficient and user-friendly electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a record will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper sitting in a closet. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Herndon, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Herndon, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Herndon, VA organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Herndon, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.