Records Management Springfield, MO
Records Management in Springfield, MO. Records management is vital for any Springfield, MO organization to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Springfield, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to customer reviews and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The idea of a record having a "life cycle" was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Our Records Management Services in Springfield, MO
HITS has been great records management plans for Springfield, MO organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Springfield, MO healthcare providers eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Springfield, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from physical documents to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Springfield, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Springfield, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management improves your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes your employees' time. One study found employees almost two hours per day, looking for data. With a modernized and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a document will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper being stored in a closet. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Springfield, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Springfield, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Springfield, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and be more productive. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Springfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.