Records Management Takoma Park, MD
Records Management in Takoma Park, MD. Records management is crucial for any Takoma Park, MD organization to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Takoma Park, MD for organizations that want to streamline their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from client credit card info to hospital records, to client reviews and HR data, and records management is making sure that data is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other information resulting for your operations. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a storage system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them in a secure location so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and guidelines, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Our Records Management Services in Takoma Park, MD
We've been helping companies in Takoma Park, MD streamline their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Takoma Park, MD healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the type of digital file that works best for your organization, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and employers are turning to remote work. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Takoma Park, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical storage to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management software to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Takoma Park, MD, you can be confident that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Takoma Park, MD
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document issues in the office waste a lot of your employees' time. One study found knowledge workers 9.3 hours per week, searching for data. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a file will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored electronically is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Takoma Park, MD
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Takoma Park, MD organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Takoma Park, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.