Records Management Takoma Park, MD
Records Management in Takoma Park, MD. Records management is essential for any Takoma Park, MD enterprise to do the best work it possibly can. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Takoma Park, MD for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from customer credit card info to contracts, to customer reviews and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a place that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Our Records Management Services in Takoma Park, MD
We've been great records management plans for Takoma Park, MD organizations for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Takoma Park, MD hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan a variety of physical documents, including:
After we've digitized the document, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are realizing the advantages to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've chosen in Takoma Park, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from paper documentation to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve return on investment.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Takoma Park, MD, you can be sure that your records are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in Takoma Park, MD
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. Research indicates workers almost two hours per day, looking for information. With a modernized and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a document will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored digitally is much more secure than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Takoma Park, MD include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Takoma Park, MD
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, cost-effective solutions for Takoma Park, MD organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Takoma Park, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.