Records Management Jefferson City, MO
Records Management in Jefferson City, MO. Records management is essential for any Jefferson City, MO organization to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Jefferson City, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to client reviews and internal audits, and records management is making sure those records is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the onboarding of a new project or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Jefferson City, MO
HITS has been helping companies in Jefferson City, MO streamline their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Jefferson City, MO hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the records management system you've selected in Jefferson City, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from physical storage to digital, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management application to another, HITS has the skills to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Jefferson City, MO, you can be sure that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Why Choose Digital Records Management in Jefferson City, MO
There are numerous advantages to investing in a digital transformation and moving to digital record management. It's easier on the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. One study found knowledge workers almost 10 per week, searching for documents. With an efficient and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Information stored digitally is much more secure than paper being stored in a box. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Jefferson City, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Jefferson City, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, cost-effective solutions for Jefferson City, MO companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and be more productive. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Jefferson City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.