Records Management Wentzville, MO
Records Management in Wentzville, MO. Records management is vital for any Wentzville, MO organization to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Wentzville, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and HR data, and records management is making sure that data is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, principally by Emmett J. Leahy. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a storage system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the documents, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Records Management We Offer in Wentzville, MO
We've been great records management systems for Wentzville, MO organizations for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Wentzville, MO hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers get rid of the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Wentzville, MO simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Wentzville, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management system to another, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve ROI time and time again.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Wentzville, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Electronic Records Management in Wentzville, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a lot of your employees' time. Research indicates employees almost 10 per week, searching for data. With a smooth-running and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a file will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than paper sitting in a warehouse. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Wentzville, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Wentzville, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, cost-effective solutions for Wentzville, MO organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Wentzville, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.