Records Management Wentzville, MO
Records Management in Wentzville, MO. Records management is vital for any Wentzville, MO enterprise to be at its most productive. If record management has become a problem for your Wentzville, MO organization, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from client credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the onboarding of a new project or any other information resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the documents, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every stage of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can have access.
Our Records Management Services in Wentzville, MO
HITS has been helping organizations in Wentzville, MO streamline their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Wentzville, MO healthcare providers eliminate the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Wentzville, MO simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the type of digital file that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Wentzville, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We implement our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Wentzville, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Electronic Records Management in Wentzville, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It's easier on the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. One study found workers spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for documents. With a modernized and easy-to-access digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored digitally is much safer than paper sitting in a closet. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to numerous regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Wentzville, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Wentzville, MO companies that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Wentzville, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.