Records Management Arlington, VA
Records Management in Arlington, VA. Records management is essential for any Arlington, VA organization to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Arlington, VA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from billing info to hospital records, to customer reviews and HR data, and records management is making sure those records is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the onboarding of a new project or any other data your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the documents, it's best to keep them in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every stage of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Arlington, VA
HITS has been helping organizations in Arlington, VA modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Arlington, VA hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the document management system you've selected in Arlington, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Arlington, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Arlington, VA
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for paper documents at work wastes time and money. One study found workers 9.3 hours per week, searching for information. With a modernized and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored electronically is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Arlington, VA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Arlington, VA companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and be more productive. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Arlington, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.