Records Management Arlington, VA
Records Management in Arlington, VA. Records management is crucial for any Arlington, VA enterprise to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Arlington, VA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from customer credit card info to medical records, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is making sure that data is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The idea of a record having a "life cycle" was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Records Management We Offer in Arlington, VA
HITS has been great document management plans for Arlington, VA organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Arlington, VA healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art application. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
After we've digitized the record, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the document management system you've selected in Arlington, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from paper documentation to digital, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve ROI.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Arlington, VA, you can be certain that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Arlington, VA
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a lot of time and money. One study found employees spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for data. With a streamlined and user-friendly electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a document will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
A Record stored electronically is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting in a box. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Arlington, VA include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Arlington, VA
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, cost-effective solutions for Arlington, VA organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Arlington, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.