Records Management Lee’s Summit, MO
Records Management in Lee’s Summit, MO. Records management is vital for any Lee’s Summit, MO organization to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Lee’s Summit, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from client credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The concept of a record having a "life cycle" was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, principally by Emmett J. Leahy. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the onboarding of a new project or any other information resulting for your operations. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a storage system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, for how long, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Records Management We Offer in Lee’s Summit, MO
HITS has been great document management plans for Lee’s Summit, MO organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Lee’s Summit, MO healthcare providers get rid of the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Lee’s Summit, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management system to another, HITS has the tools and technology to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve return on investment.
We utilize our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Lee’s Summit, MO, you can be sure that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Why Choose Digital Records Management in Lee’s Summit, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system enhances your organization in countless ways. It's easier on the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for paper documents at work wastes your workers' time. One study found knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for data. With a streamlined and user-friendly electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting in a warehouse. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Lee’s Summit, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Lee’s Summit, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Lee’s Summit, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Lee’s Summit, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.