Records Management Columbia, MO
Records Management in Columbia, MO. Records management is vital for any Columbia, MO organization to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Columbia, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from customer credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The concept of a record having a "life cycle" was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the recording of a meeting or any other data created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a place that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Records Management We Offer in Columbia, MO
HITS has been helping companies in Columbia, MO streamline their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Columbia, MO hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and employers are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've chosen in Columbia, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve return on investment.
We utilize our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Columbia, MO, you can be confident that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Columbia, MO
There are numerous advantages to investing in a digital transformation and moving to digital record management. It produces greenhouse gases and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of your employees' time. One study found knowledge workers 9.3 hours per week, looking for information. With a smooth-running and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Data stored digitally is much safer than paper being stored on a shelf. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Columbia, MO include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Columbia, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Columbia, MO organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Columbia, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.