Records Management Columbia, MO
Records Management in Columbia, MO. Records management is vital for any Columbia, MO organization to be at its most productive. If record management has become a problem for your Columbia, MO workers, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from customer credit card info to medical records, to survey responses and HR data, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a storage system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Our Records Management Services in Columbia, MO
We've been helping organizations in Columbia, MO modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Columbia, MO healthcare providers eliminate the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are realizing the advantages to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the records management system you've selected in Columbia, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical storage to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management system to another, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Columbia, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Columbia, MO
There are countless benefits to investing in a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It's better for the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a lot of your employees' time. Research indicates employees 9.3 hours per week, searching for data. With an efficient and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document being stored in a closet. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to numerous overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Columbia, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Columbia, MO organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Columbia, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.