Records Management St. Charles, MO
Records Management in St. Charles, MO. Records management is essential for any St. Charles, MO organization to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in St. Charles, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from customer credit card info to medical records, to customer reviews and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the recording of a meeting or any other data your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a storage system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in St. Charles, MO
We've been great records management systems for St. Charles, MO organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help St. Charles, MO healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in St. Charles, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from physical storage to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We utilize our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in St. Charles, MO, you can be certain that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Why You Need Electronic Records Management in St. Charles, MO
There are myriad benefits to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It's easier on the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the office waste a lot of your employees' time. Research indicates knowledge workers 9.3 hours per week, looking for data. With a modernized and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Data stored electronically is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting on a shelf. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in St. Charles, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in St. Charles, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for St. Charles, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and be more productive. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in St. Charles, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.