Records Management St. Charles, MO
Records Management in St. Charles, MO. Records management is essential for any St. Charles, MO enterprise to thrive. If record management has become a problem for your St. Charles, MO team, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a storage system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to store it, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Our Records Management Services in St. Charles, MO
HITS has been helping organizations in St. Charles, MO modernize their record keeping for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help St. Charles, MO healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in St. Charles, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical storage to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in St. Charles, MO, you can be confident that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in St. Charles, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a lot of your knowledge workers' time. One study found knowledge workers almost two hours per day, searching for documents. With an efficient and user-friendly electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record stored digitally is much safer than paper being stored on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a better work environment for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in St. Charles, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for St. Charles, MO companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in St. Charles, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.