Records Management Reston, VA
Records Management in Reston, VA. Records management is crucial for any Reston, VA enterprise to thrive. If record management has become a problem for your Reston, VA employees, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from billing info to medical records, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the entering of a transaction or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Our Records Management Services in Reston, VA
We've been helping companies in Reston, VA modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Reston, VA hospitals, doctors' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We can scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are turning to remote work. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the document management system you've selected in Reston, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one digital document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve return on investment time and time again.
We utilize our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Reston, VA, you can be certain that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in Reston, VA
There are myriad advantages to undergoing a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for paper documents at work wastes time and money. One study found employees almost 10 per week, looking for information. With a smooth-running and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a file will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting in a warehouse. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Reston, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Reston, VA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, cost-effective solutions for Reston, VA companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Reston, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.