Records Management New York City, NY
Records Management in New York City, NY. Records management is crucial for any New York City, NY organization to be at its most productive. If record management has become a problem for your New York City, NY team, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from customer credit card info to hospital records, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is making sure that information is safely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the onboarding of a new project or any other information your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is paramount. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them in a secure location so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can have access.
Our Records Management Services in New York City, NY
HITS has been great document management plans for New York City, NY organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help New York City, NY hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the hassle of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the document management system you've chosen in New York City, NY.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from paper documentation to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management software to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in New York City, NY, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in New York City, NY
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management improves your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a lot of time and money. One study found employees spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for documents. With an efficient and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored in a box. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with numerous regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in New York City, NY include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in New York City, NY
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for New York City, NY organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and boost their bottom line. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in New York City, NY, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.