Records Management New York City, NY
Records Management in New York City, NY. Records management is crucial for any New York City, NY enterprise to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in New York City, NY for organizations that want to streamline their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from client credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other data created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the documents, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Records Management We Offer in New York City, NY
HITS has been helping organizations in New York City, NY modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help New York City, NY hospitals, doctors' offices, and other healthcare providers get rid of the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize almost any type of physical document you have, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and employers are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in New York City, NY.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from paper documentation to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one digital document management application to another, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce liability and improve return on investment.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in New York City, NY, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in New York City, NY
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a lot of time and money. One study found workers almost two hours per day, searching for documents. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a file will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored electronically is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored in a box. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in New York City, NY
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for New York City, NY companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in New York City, NY, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.