Records Management Atlanta, GA
Records Management in Atlanta, GA. Records management is essential for any Atlanta, GA organization to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Atlanta, GA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from client credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the documents, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every stage of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Atlanta, GA
HITS has been great document management plans for Atlanta, GA organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Atlanta, GA healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can scan a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've chosen in Atlanta, GA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from paper documentation to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management application to another, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Atlanta, GA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Atlanta, GA
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It's better for the environment and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for paper documents at work wastes time and money. Research indicates employees 9.3 hours per week, searching for information. With a streamlined and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Data stored electronically is much safer than paper being stored on a shelf. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to numerous regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Atlanta, GA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Atlanta, GA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, cost-effective solutions for Atlanta, GA companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Atlanta, GA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.