HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Atlanta, GA
HITS is a premier provider in file management, secure destruction, and organized document shredding handling in Atlanta, GA. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Securing, managing, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only vital, but mandated in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical information management in Atlanta, GA. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other record that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy rules are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Insurance policies can be impacted by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners handle document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Atlanta, GA, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Atlanta, GA
Document storage should be organized, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare facilities is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Atlanta, GA, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Atlanta, GA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and making sure data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document guidelines in place. HITS helps organizations in Atlanta, GA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's essential for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine regarding regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized access of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an evaluation to ensure they are following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Atlanta, GA, is not only a fundamental practice, but required for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services and how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Atlanta, GA.