HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Falls Church, VA
HITS is a premier provider in document storage, elimination, and effective document shredding handling in Falls Church, VA. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but the act sets the industry standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Securing, managing, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only critical, but obligatory in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical document management in Falls Church, VA. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other record that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Various insurance policies can easily be affected by both private and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our partners handle document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Falls Church, VA, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Falls Church, VA
To begin with, document storage needs to be orderly, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare facilities is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to shred and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Falls Church, VA, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Falls Church, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Falls Church, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's essential for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a regular schedule when it comes to regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure of medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA requirements. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Falls Church, VA, is not only a cornerstone, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial to to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with information handling, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Falls Church, VA.