HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Blue Springs, MO
HITS is a leader in file management, secure destruction, and efficient document shredding management in Blue Springs, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the industry standard for patient confidentiality. Securing, handling, and properly disposing certain documents between care facilities is not only vital, but mandated throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical information management in Blue Springs, MO. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy guidelines are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners handle document security within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Blue Springs, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Blue Springs, MO
To begin with, document storage should be organized, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have complete medical records that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to secure and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Blue Springs, MO, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Blue Springs, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document policies in place. We can help organizations in Blue Springs, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for health facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule when it comes to sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an evaluation to make sure they're following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Blue Springs, MO, is not only a fundamental practice, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Blue Springs, MO.