HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Richmond, VA
HITS is a leader in document storage, disposal, and organized document shredding management in Richmond, VA. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the industry standard for patient confidentiality. Securing, managing, and destroying certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only critical, but required in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical document management in Richmond, VA. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other record that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy regulations are followed, patients won't be at risk of having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can be affected by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages medical facilities to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our customers handle document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Richmond, VA, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Richmond, VA
Document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also vital for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Richmond, VA, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Richmond, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and making sure confidentiality systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps organizations in Richmond, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is essential for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an evaluation to ensure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Richmond, VA, is not only a critical aspect, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's important to to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Richmond, VA.