HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Chicago, IL
HITS is a premier provider in file management, secure destruction, and organized document shredding handling in Chicago, IL. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the national standard for client protection and confidentiality. Securing, managing, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only essential, but required in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical document management in Chicago, IL. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other record that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients won't be at risk for having their private information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our customers handle document confidentially within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Chicago, IL, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Chicago, IL
Document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have comprehensive medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare centers is critically important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Chicago, IL, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Chicago, IL, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and making sure data privacy protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document guidelines in place. We can help organizations in Chicago, IL, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is crucial for health facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule when it comes to sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to make sure they're following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Chicago, IL, is not only a critical aspect, but obligatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial for hospitals to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with information handling, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Chicago, IL.