HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Takoma Park, MD
HITS is a leader in record keeping, secure destruction, and effective document shredding management in Takoma Park, MD. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the industry standard for patient confidentiality. Securing, handling, and destroying documents between care facilities is not only vital, but required throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in Takoma Park, MD. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, personal health records, and any other data that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy guidelines are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can be impacted by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners manage document safely within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Takoma Park, MD, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Takoma Park, MD
To begin with, document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also crucial for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Takoma Park, MD, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Takoma Park, MD, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and making sure confidentiality systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Takoma Park, MD, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's crucial for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a regular schedule regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an audit to make sure they are following HIPAA requirements. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Takoma Park, MD, is not only a critical aspect, but mandatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services and how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's important healthcare organizations and related entities to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Takoma Park, MD.