HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in McLean, VA
HITS is a premier provider in document storage, secure destruction, and efficient document shredding handling in McLean, VA. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only vital, but mandated in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical document management in McLean, VA. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other record that may reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy guidelines are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their confidential personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our clients manage document security within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in McLean, VA, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in McLean, VA
To begin with, document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is critically important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also essential for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for McLean, VA, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in McLean, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and making sure confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document guidelines in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in McLean, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It is important for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule when it comes to regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to make sure they are following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in McLean, VA, is not only a cornerstone, but required for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial for hospitals to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in McLean, VA.