HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in O’Fallon, MO
HITS is a premier provider in file management, elimination, and efficient document shredding management in O’Fallon, MO. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Safeguarding, managing, and destroying certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only critical, but obligatory in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical document management in O’Fallon, MO. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, personal health records, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy guidelines are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their private information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our customers manage document security within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in O’Fallon, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in O’Fallon, MO
To begin with, document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have complete patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is critically important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also vital for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for O’Fallon, MO, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and making sure data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps organizations in O’Fallon, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's crucial for health facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in O’Fallon, MO, is not only a critical aspect, but obligatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services and how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in O’Fallon, MO.