HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Silver Spring, MD
HITS is a leader in document storage, disposal, and efficient document shredding management in Silver Spring, MD. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the national standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Securing, managing, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only vital, but obligatory throughout the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in Silver Spring, MD. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other material that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy rules are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their personal personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both individual and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our partners manage document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Silver Spring, MD, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Silver Spring, MD
To begin with, document storage should be organized, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Silver Spring, MD, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Silver Spring, MD, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and ensuring data privacy systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document procedures in place. We can help organizations in Silver Spring, MD, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's crucial for health facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a regular schedule when it comes to regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure to sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an evaluation to make sure they are following HIPAA requirements. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Silver Spring, MD, is not only a cornerstone, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Silver Spring, MD.