HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Arlington, VA
HITS is a premier provider in file management, elimination, and effective document shredding handling in Arlington, VA. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but the act sets the national standard for client protection and confidentiality. Safeguarding, managing, and properly disposing documents between care facilities is not only critical, but mandated in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical document management in Arlington, VA. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, personal health records, and any other data that may reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy regulations are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can be affected by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our customers handle document security within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Arlington, VA, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Arlington, VA
To begin with, document storage needs to be organized, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also vital for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Arlington, VA, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Arlington, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Arlington, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's essential for health facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine when it comes to regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an audit to make sure they are following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Arlington, VA, is not only a fundamental practice, but mandatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's important to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Arlington, VA.