HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Springfield, MO
HITS is a premier provider in document storage, disposal, and organized document shredding management in Springfield, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the national standard for client protection and confidentiality. Securing, managing, and properly disposing documents between care facilities is not only vital, but obligatory throughout the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical information management in Springfield, MO. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other record that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their confidential personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can be affected by both individual and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our clients manage document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Springfield, MO, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Springfield, MO
To begin with, document storage should be systematic, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have comprehensive medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Springfield, MO, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Springfield, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and making sure confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps organizations in Springfield, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for health facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to ensure they are following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Springfield, MO, is not only a cornerstone, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services and how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial for hospitals to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Springfield, MO.