HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Clayton, MO
HITS is a leader in record keeping, elimination, and effective document shredding management in Clayton, MO. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the national standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Protecting, handling, and destroying documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but obligatory in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical information management in Clayton, MO. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, patient data, and any other material that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy rules are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our customers manage document safely within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Clayton, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Clayton, MO
Document storage should be orderly, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have complete patient histories that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare facilities is critically important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Clayton, MO, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Clayton, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and making sure confidentiality systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps organizations in Clayton, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine regarding regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access to sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Clayton, MO, is not only a cornerstone, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with data management, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Clayton, MO.