HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Annapolis, MD
HITS is a premier provider in record keeping, secure destruction, and efficient document shredding handling in Annapolis, MD. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the national standard for client confidentiality. Safeguarding, managing, and properly disposing documents between care facilities is not only vital, but required throughout the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical document management in Annapolis, MD. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, personal health records, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy guidelines are followed, patients won't be at risk of having their private information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can be impacted by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our clients handle document security within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Annapolis, MD, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Annapolis, MD
To begin with, document storage should be orderly, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is critically important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also crucial for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our mission to shred and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Annapolis, MD, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Annapolis, MD, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document guidelines in place. We can help healthcare facilities in Annapolis, MD, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is essential for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule regarding regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure of medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an audit to ensure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Annapolis, MD, is not only a fundamental practice, but mandatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial for hospitals to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with information handling, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Annapolis, MD.