HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in St. Peters, MO
HITS is a premier provider in file management, disposal, and efficient document shredding management in St. Peters, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the national standard for patient confidentiality. Securing, managing, and properly disposing documents between multiple care facilities is not only critical, but mandated throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical document management in St. Peters, MO. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other data that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy rules are followed, patients won't be at risk for having their personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Insurance policies can easily be affected by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our customers manage document safely within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in St. Peters, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in St. Peters, MO
To begin with, document storage should be orderly, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to secure and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for St. Peters, MO, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in St. Peters, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document guidelines in place. HITS helps organizations in St. Peters, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's crucial for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine regarding regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access of medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an evaluation to make sure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in St. Peters, MO, is not only a fundamental practice, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in St. Peters, MO.