HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Lee’s Summit, MO
HITS is a premier provider in file management, disposal, and effective document shredding handling in Lee’s Summit, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but the act sets the national standard for client confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and properly disposing documents between multiple care facilities is not only critical, but required throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical document management in Lee’s Summit, MO. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other record that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy regulations are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Insurance policies can be impacted by both private and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners handle document security within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Lee’s Summit, MO, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Lee’s Summit, MO
Document storage should be organized, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also crucial for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to shred and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Lee’s Summit, MO, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Lee’s Summit, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and ensuring data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps organizations in Lee’s Summit, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It is essential for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule when it comes to regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to make sure they're following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Lee’s Summit, MO, is not only a critical aspect, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial for hospitals to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with information handling, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Lee’s Summit, MO.