HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Independence, MO
HITS is a leader in file management, disposal, and organized document shredding handling in Independence, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for patient confidentiality. Securing, handling, and destroying documents between multiple care facilities is not only critical, but required in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in Independence, MO. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other material that might reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy guidelines are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Various insurance policies can easily be affected by both private and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our customers manage document confidentially within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Independence, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Independence, MO
Document storage should be systematic, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have complete medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare facilities is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also essential for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to shred and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Independence, MO, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Independence, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps organizations in Independence, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is crucial for health facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule regarding regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized access of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an audit to ensure they are following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Independence, MO, is not only a cornerstone, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services and how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's important healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with data management, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Independence, MO.