HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Brentwood, MO
HITS is a premier provider in document storage, disposal, and efficient document shredding handling in Brentwood, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Securing, handling, and destroying documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but mandated in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical information management in Brentwood, MO. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other data that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy regulations are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our clients handle document safely within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Brentwood, MO, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Brentwood, MO
To begin with, document storage should be systematic, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare facilities is critically important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Brentwood, MO, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Brentwood, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and making sure data privacy protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Brentwood, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is crucial for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a regular schedule when it comes to regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to make sure they are following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Brentwood, MO, is not only a fundamental practice, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's important to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with information handling, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Brentwood, MO.