HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Los Angeles, CA
HITS is a premier provider in record keeping, secure destruction, and organized document shredding handling in Los Angeles, CA. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the national standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Securing, managing, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only vital, but obligatory throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical information management in Los Angeles, CA. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, patient data, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their private information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Various insurance policies can easily be affected by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. Our team has multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our partners manage document confidentially within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Los Angeles, CA, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Los Angeles, CA
To begin with, document storage should be orderly, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have complete patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also crucial for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our mission to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Los Angeles, CA, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Los Angeles, CA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and ensuring data privacy protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps organizations in Los Angeles, CA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine when it comes to sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an audit to make sure they're following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Los Angeles, CA, is not only a critical aspect, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's important healthcare organizations and related entities to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Los Angeles, CA.