HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Wentzville, MO
HITS is a premier provider in document storage, secure destruction, and organized document shredding handling in Wentzville, MO. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Safeguarding, managing, and properly disposing certain documents between care facilities is not only vital, but required throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical document management in Wentzville, MO. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, PHI, and any other material that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy guidelines are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both individual and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our clients handle document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Wentzville, MO, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Wentzville, MO
To begin with, document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also vital for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Wentzville, MO, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Wentzville, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and making sure confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Wentzville, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine when it comes to sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure to sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an evaluation to make sure they are following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Wentzville, MO, is not only a fundamental practice, but obligatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Wentzville, MO.