HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Jefferson City, MO
HITS is a premier provider in file management, disposal, and efficient document shredding management in Jefferson City, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Safeguarding, handling, and properly disposing documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but mandated in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical information management in Jefferson City, MO. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other record that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy rules are followed, patients won't be at risk of having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Various insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. Our team has a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our partners manage document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Jefferson City, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Jefferson City, MO
Document storage should be organized, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have complete patient histories that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Jefferson City, MO, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Jefferson City, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and ensuring data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document guidelines in place. HITS helps organizations in Jefferson City, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It is important for health facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Jefferson City, MO, is not only a cornerstone, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial to to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Jefferson City, MO.