HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Kansas City, KS
HITS is a leader in file management, disposal, and efficient document shredding management in Kansas City, KS. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but the act sets the industry standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Safeguarding, managing, and destroying documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but obligatory in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in Kansas City, KS. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other data that might reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy guidelines are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners handle document security within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Kansas City, KS, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Kansas City, KS
To begin with, document storage needs to be organized, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also vital for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Kansas City, KS, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Kansas City, KS, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and making sure data privacy protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document guidelines in place. We can help healthcare facilities in Kansas City, KS, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine when it comes to regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an evaluation to make sure they are following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Kansas City, KS, is not only a critical aspect, but obligatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Kansas City, KS.