Government Document Management in Kansas City, KS
Government document management in Kansas City, KS. In today's digital age, government agencies are dealing with an exponential increase in documents and data received. Affectively sorting, storing, retrieving, and destroying these documents is paramount to maintaining compliance, safeguarding sensitive data, and helping your agency run as productively as possible. At its heart, government document management refers to the proper maintenance of the vast amounts of information that governmental bodies have control over. Numerous aspects are involved, from setting up policies for document management to starting up a records management system and ensuring documents are safe and easily retrieved. HITS provides government solutions for Kansas City, KS agencies regardless of their size for more than two and a half decades. We can help you simplify your current document management practices and bring your internal processes into the modern world. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online for a free estimate.
Why Government Document Management in Kansas City, KS Is Crucial
Whether your Kansas City, KS agency is at the local, state, or federal level, the public naturally assumes a trust in your office that documents will be handled the right way. Effective document management is crucial for government agencies for several reasons. First, it helps maintain compliance with regulatory oversight, such as the Freedom of Information Act and laws about people's personal data. Failure to abide by these regulations can lead to penalties and suspicion from the public.
Second, document management needs to prevent unauthorized access to private information. Government agencies often manage information that is incredibly sensitive, including information from people, businesses, other agencies and the government itself. Proper document management helps protect this information from unauthorized access, theft, or loss.
Third, document management makes your employees more productive and efficient. With an orderly and system that's easy to retrieve data from, government employees can quickly find the information they need, work on the same documents at the same time as other employees, and prevent duplicating efforts.
Fourth, the right people need to be able to locate the appropriate documents. Government agencies rely on the latest data to function at the highest level. An ineffective system can hinder internal processes, causing inefficiencies in service delivery.
Lastly, document management promotes transparency. By providing a clear record of activities and decisions, document management helps ensure that government agencies are accountable to the public, and aren't subject to false allegations.
Common Issues With Government Document Management in Kansas City, KS
While every office does what they can, many Kansas City, KS government agencies do not have the efficient document management system they need because of the unique difficulties they face. Some of those challenges are:
- The sheer number of documents — Government agencies produce and collect a vast array of documents, including reports, emails, applications, meeting notes, and more. It can be challenging to adequately categorize and store all of them, particularly for smaller agencies with limited resources.
- Convoluted regulations and laws — Government agencies are required to adhere to a range of regulations and laws concerning document management, including data protection laws, records retention laws, and Freedom of Information Act obligations. Adhering to these rules while trying to manage the huge influx of new data is difficult.
- Limited resources and budget — Government agencies often do not have enough resources to develop and maintain a successful document management system. What is truly needed to manage documents effectively may often fall far down the priority list.
- Outdated technology — Too many government agencies are still using systems that have been improved on by newer technology, which can make it difficult to manage documents effectively. Paper documents are prone to be destroyed, stolen, or misplaced, while outdated on-premises systems may be at risk of hacking or may not be able to keep up with the amount of data.
By hiring a knowledgeable government document management company in Kansas City, KS, you can ameliorate these challenges by migrating your data into a new system, where all documents are easily maintained and retrieved.
What a Government Document Management Company in Kansas City, KS Can Do For Your Agency
Kansas City, KS document management companies can help bring government agencies into the modern era. Below is a brief list of what we can do for you:
- Assess current document management practices — A document management company can carry out an evaluation of current document management procedures to determine areas for improvement and provide advice for a more successful system.
- Decide on a new document management system — They'll also be able to help government agencies decide which type of system is best for their needs.
- Manage data migration — We can manage the movement of information from legacy systems to the new document management system, ensuring information reaches the new system intact. If you're still relying on paper, we can help you go paperless and modernize your processes.
- Offer training and support — A document management company will also help ensure you and your employees understand how to use the new document management system best.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory oversight — A document management company can also help ensure that your Kansas City, KS agency is adhering to relevant regulations and laws related to document management, such as data protection laws and Freedom of Information Act guidelines.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support — A document management company can provide ongoing maintenance and support for the document management system, ensuring that it continues to meet the agency's needs over time.
By working with a document management company in Kansas City, KS like HITS, government agencies can have peace of mind that they have the tools and expertise needed to manage data successfully, while giving them more time to focus on what they do best. When you hire us, you get:
- Document Scanning/Imaging
- Document Conversion
- Data Migration
- Document Destruction
- Document Storage Removal
- Microfiche Conversion
- Data Processing
- Microfilm Conversion
- Large Format Conversion
- 24/7 Robust Security
- 8-Step Audit Trail Production Process
- Document Storage Removal Solutions
- HITS Kits Secure Shipping Platform
- Proven Cutting-Edge Software
- Industry Leader
- Highly Trained Diverse Staff
- 25 Years Industry Experience
- Search and Find Application
- Project Cost Containment
Best Practices for Government Document Management in Kansas City, KS
It takes more than state-of-the-art technology and successfully migrating your data to achieve government document management best practices. Your Kansas City, KS office's processes and employees need to be purposefully integrated and trained to receive, generate, and access data to the best of their abilities. To effectively manage government documents, agencies should implement the following best practices in Kansas City, KS:
- Maintain a document management policy — A document management policy should outline the agency's procedures for generating, storing, and securely destroying documents. The policy should also put in place guidelines for document retention and ensure compliance with regulatory oversight. It's imperative that all of your employees understand this policy well.
- Develop an electronic document management system (EDMS) — An EDMS allows government agencies to store, manage, and retrieve documents electronically. This eliminates the reliance on paper storage, streamlines workflow, and allows employees to work together more easily.
- Establish document security protocols — Document security protocols should be established so that unauthorized personnel don't have access to information they shouldn't. This may include implementing password protection, encryption, and restricting access to certain documents - both in terms of employees and the public.
- Consistently review and update document management procedures — Document management procedures should be reviewed and updated regularly to ensure they remain effective and compliant with ever-changing regulations, and are consistent with advances in practice or technology.
- Provide staff training — Staff training is needed to ensure that employees understand and act in accordance with document management procedures. This includes training on the use of the EDMS, document security protocols, and legal and regulatory compliance.
Other services we offer in Kansas City, KS:
- Federal Records Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Your Government Document Management in Kansas City, KS
Efficient document management is crucial for Kansas City, KS government agencies to meet regulatory compliance, safeguard personal information, and improve how their employees are able to work. Nonetheless, setting up and sustaining a document management system can be difficult, particularly for agencies that don't have much funding. Kansas City, KS government document management companies can help government agencies defeat these difficulties by providing the resources and knowledge needed to manage documents efficiently. By implementing best practices for document management, government agencies can ensure that they are operating efficiently and securely, and are accountable to the public. Call HITS at 314-837-4000 or contact us online to discuss your government document management needs in Kansas City, KS today.