Data Management in St. Louis
Data Management in St. Louis. As technology changes and the need to access data at any time becomes less of a need and more of a requirement, firms large and small are recognizing the need for a trusted data management partner. Whether scanning paper documents for future access, reducing document liability, or ensuring that sensitive information will remain secure for years to come, strong data management can be the difference between your company being ready for the future and being stuck in the past.
HITS has been a leader in data management for more than 25 years. We have earned a reputation for using innovative technology to optimize your data and guarantee that proprietary data stays private. Our cloud-based data management tools are the ideal solution for any size business to allow their employees to access needed information anytime, anywhere.
Fortune 500 companies and small St. Louis businesses alike trust HITS to help meet their data management needs for a reason. We provide cost-effective, proven solutions with a level of personal service that is unmatched. If you are looking to reimagine your data management, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online to learn more about what HITS can do for your firm.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is the practice of generating, storing, organizing, maintaining, and utilizing data in an effective and efficient manner. It involves the use of technologies and policies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, security, and accessibility of data throughout its lifecycle. The objective of data management is to turn data into useful information that can support decision-making and drive business outcomes, as well as to increase workflow efficiency.
7 Steps to Make Your Data Management More Efficient
Here are seven steps you can take to make your St. Louis company's data management more efficient:
- Define data governance policies — Establish clear policies and procedures for managing data, including who is responsible for generating or collecting the data, what types of data need to be retained, and how data should be collected, stored, and retrieved.
- Implement data management technologies — Invest in data management technologies that can automate data collection, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is accurate and up-to-date. Digital, cloud-based, and hybrid data management systems also save time and money and reduce the risk of errors by making information easier to retrieve.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and formatted consistently so that it can be easily analyzed and compared. Establishing data standards can also help ensure that data is accurate and meaningful.
- Improve data quality — Implement processes to monitor data quality, including data validation and error-checking. Regularly reviewing and cleansing data can help reduce the risk of errors and improve the accuracy of your data.
- Foster data literacy — Encourage employees to become more data literate, so they understand how to use data effectively to make informed decisions. Provide training and resources to help employees understand data management concepts and technologies.
- Establish data security measures — Protect sensitive data from unauthorized access and ensure that data is properly secured. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Continuously evaluate and improve — The world of IT and technology is constantly changing. Regularly review your data management processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
At HITS, we have over 25 years of experience helping St. Louis organizations of all sizes, in a variety of industries, create and maintain effective data management procedures.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your St. Louis Organization
The last few years have only underlined the need for St. Louis companies of all sizes to implement a robust data management plan that takes into account security, accessibility, and adaptability. More employees are expecting that the ability to work from home will not only be encouraged but also expanded in the coming years. This means that they will need to access any piece of information from any device, even if they are not on a network as secure as the one at your main facility.
The inexorable march of progress, and how your St. Louis firm plans to adapt to changes in technology, is also key when making a data management strategy. Software platforms that were state-of-the-art even two or three years ago can become outdated and unsupported practically overnight. The growing use of cloud-based systems presents its own issues: should our firm create its own digital ecosystem, or should we use third-party technology and hope that it stays supported throughout its lifecycle? Also, when migrating data, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and guarantee full integration must also be emphasized.
Good data management in St. Louis must also take into account security and document liability. Older documents deteriorate over time, which means that important historical data – or patient information, like fetal monitoring strips, that must be retained to meet best practices – need to be properly digitized so that they can be accessed without loss of quality. Keeping old physical data also opens up liability concerns, as you never know if water or fire damage can ravage a warehouse filled with old materials. Acting now to digitize and preserve this data reduces both future liability and storage costs, allowing your firm to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Proven St. Louis Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has given St. Louis businesses of all sizes a full complement of data management solutions. Starting as a document scanning company, we have expanded to offer data migration, cloud storage, and remote work solutions suitable for any size organization.
The team at HITS has dedicated itself over the years to always being on the cutting edge of data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you determine what data you need and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and preserve it for future access either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or an existing document management platform.
When looking for a system to enable a seamless transition from the main St. Louis office to the home office, choose HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our system makes sure that data is made accessible from any computer so your employees can be free to work from wherever they please, with no loss of quality and no need to worry about security.
HITS also offers a full array of other data management services in St. Louis, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for preserving documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also offer what other data management firms cannot – personalized service that listens to your needs and suggests the right data management solutions for your particular situation.
HITS has worked with St. Louis hospitals, governments, and corporations of all sizes and is ready to help you rethink the way you look at your data management. Call us today at 314-837-4000, or contact us online to speak with a member of our team and learn more about how HITS can help you meet your data management goals.