Data Management Kansas City, MO. As technology evolves and the need to have access to data at any time becomes less a priority and more a mandate, firms of all sizes in Kansas City, MO are making themselves aware of the need for a dedicated data management contractor. Whether limiting document liability, securing sensitive information, or future-proofing paper documents with advanced scanning technology, competent data management can be the difference between your Kansas City company being future-ready and being caught out when change occurs.
HITS has been a leader in data management in Kansas City, MO for almost 30 years. We have gained a reputation for using cutting-edge technology to improve your data and ensure that top-secret data stays private. Our cloud-based data management tools are the best solution for any size Kansas City firm to permit their workers to access pertinent information anytime, anywhere.
Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike in Kansas City, MO work with HITS to help meet their data management requirements for a reason. We provide budget-friendly, proven solutions with a level of personal service that is unmatched. If you are looking to reimagine your data management, call us today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online to hear more about what HITS can do for your Kansas City, MO firm.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is the process of generating, storing, organizing, maintaining, and utilizing data in an effective and efficient manner. It utilizes technologies and policies to ensure data is properly protected and easily accessed throughout its lifecycle. The intention of data management is to allow data to support decision-making and drive business outcomes, as well as to boost workflow efficiency.
7 Steps to Improve Your Data Management
The following are seven measures you can take to improve your Kansas City, MO organization's data management:
- Clarify your data governance policies — Set up clear procedures for how data is acquired and stored, including who what specific roles specific people have and what types of data need to be retained.
- Choose the right data management system — Invest in data management technologies that include workflow automation, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is up-to-date. Different data management systems also save time and money and reduce difficulty in accessing documents by making information easier to retrieve.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and consistently in the same format so that your employees will be able to manage and utilize the data easily.
- Improve data quality — Apply processes to ensure data does not degrade or become compromised, including data validation and error-checking. Regularly monitoring data can ensure it's not corrupted or inaccurate.
- Foster data literacy — Persuade employees to become more data literate, so they understand how to use data effectively to make informed decisions. Offers training to help employees understand the purpose of data management.
- Establish data security protocols — Reduce your liability. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Continuously evaluate and improve — The modern business world is always changing. Regularly evaluate your data management processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
At HITS, we have more than 25 years of experience helping Kansas City, MO firms of all sizes, in numerous industries, create successful data management systems.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your Kansas City, MO Organization
The past years have only emphasized the need for Kansas City firms of all sizes to build a comprehensive data management plan that takes into account adaptability, security, and accessibility. More Kansas City, MO employees are confident that the ability to work from home will not only be permitted but also built upon in the near future. This means that they will need to access any piece of information from any device, even if their home internet's privacy is not as secure as the standards at your main office.
Technology's unstoppable progression, and how your business plans to adapt to new technology, is also crucial when planning a data management strategy. Software platforms that were state-of-the-art even two or three years ago can become obsolete and unsupported practically overnight. The emerging use of cloud-based platforms brings along with it its own concerns: should our Kansas City, MO company build our own digital ecosystem, or should we use third-party technology and expect that it stays supported throughout its lifecycle? Also, when changing software platforms, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and insure full integration must also be critical.
Good data management must also be aware of security and document liability. Physical documents deteriorate over time, which means that important historical data--or patient information, such as fetal monitoring strips, that must be retained to meet industry standards--must be suitably digitized to ensure continued access without loss of quality. Storing old physical data also brings up liability issues, as one cannot predict if water or fire damage can destroy files in storage. Acting urgently to digitize and preserve archived data reduces both future liability and storage costs, allowing your Kansas City, MO firm to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Trusted Kansas City, MO Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has provided Kansas City, MO firms both large and small a complete array of data management solutions. Starting as a document scanning company, we have grown to offer data migration, cloud storage, and remote work solutions suitable for any size company in Kansas City, MO.
The staff at HITS has dedicated ourselves over the years to always being ahead of the curve in data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you determine what data you need, and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and preserve it for future access either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or your existing document management platform.
When searching for a system to enable a seamless transition from the main office in Kansas City to the home office, choose HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our software ensures that data is made accessible from any computer, so your employees can be free to work from anywhere they want, with no security concerns.
HITS also offers a full scope of other data management services, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for digitizing documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also provide what other Kansas City, MO data management firms cannot--personalized service that listens to your needs and proposes the best data management solutions for your unique circumstances.
Other services we offer in Kansas City, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
HITS has worked with governments, corporations, and hospitals of all sizes in Kansas City, MO and is ready to help you rethink the way you look at your data management. Call us today at 888-455-4484, or contact us online to speak with a member of our team and learn more about how HITS can help you meet your data management goals.