Data Management Alexandria, VA. As technology evolves and the need to have access to data from any device becomes less a need and more a necessity, firms large and small in Alexandria, VA are recognizing the need for a trusted data management contractor. Whether scanning paper documents for future access, reducing document liability, or ensuring that sensitive information will remain secure for years to come, strong data management can make the difference between your Alexandria company being future-ready and being left behind.
HITS has been a pace-setter in data management in Alexandria, VA for more than 25 years. We have earned a reputation for using cutting-edge technology to optimize your data and guarantee that confidential data stays secure. Our cloud-based data management tools are the best solution for any size Alexandria firm to permit their workers to access needed information anytime, anywhere.
Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike in Alexandria, VA trust HITS to help reach their data management requirements for a reason. We provide affordable, trusted solutions with a level of personal service that is unmet. If you are thinking about reimagining your data management, call us today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online to hear more about what HITS can do for your Alexandria, VA business.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is how businesses acquire, generate, store, and utilize data in a way that benefits their internal processes. It involves the use of technologies and policies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, security, and accessibility of data throughout its lifecycle. The goal of data management is to allow data to prop up decision-making and make your business more productive and efficient, as well as to enhance workflow efficiency.
7 Steps to Improve Your Data Management
Below are seven things you can do to make your Alexandria, VA's company's data management more efficient:
- Create data governance policies — Set up clear procedures for managing data, including who is responsible for generating or collecting the data and what types of data you need to hold onto.
- Apply data management technologies — Invest in data management technologies that include workflow automation, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is accurate. Different data management platforms also save time and money and reduce the risk of errors by making information easier to locate.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and formatted consistently so that your employees will be able to manage and utilize the data easily.
- Improve data quality — Implement processes to ensure data does not degrade or become compromised, including data validation and checking for mistakes. Regularly reviewing and cleansing data can help reduce the risk of errors and improve the accuracy of your data.
- Encourage data literacy — Encourage employees to improve their data literacy, so they understand how the data can help them. Provide resources to help employees understand the purpose of more organized data.
- Establish data security measures — Reduce your liability. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Continuously evaluate and improve — The world of IT and technology is constantly changing. Regularly review your data management processes and procedures to identify how you can improve.
At HITS, we have more than 25 years of experience helping Alexandria, VA firms of all sizes, in numerous fields, create successful data management procedures.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your Alexandria, VA Organization
Recent events have only underlined the need for Alexandria businesses of all sizes to implement a complete data management plan that takes into account adaptability, security, and accessibility. More Alexandria, VA employees are expecting that remote work will not only be encouraged but also built upon in the coming years. This means that they must have the ability to access any document from any device, even if their home internet's privacy is not as secure as the standards at your main facility.
The constant progression of technology, and how your firm plans to adapt to these changes, is also important when planning a data management strategy. Software platforms that were state-of-the-art even two or three years ago can become outdated and abandoned before you know it. The emerging use of cloud-based technologies presents its own issues: should our Alexandria, VA company create our own digital ecosystem, or should we use off-the-shelf technology and hope that it stays supported for the near future? Also, when migrating between platforms, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and guarantee full compatibility must also be emphasized.
Good data management must also be aware of security and document liability. Older files deteriorate over time, which means that important historical data--or patient information, such as fetal monitoring strips, that must be kept to meet best practices--must be properly digitized in order to allow access without loss of quality. Keeping old physical data also opens up liability issues, as it is impossible to predict if fire or water damage can ransack files in storage. Acting urgently to digitize and preserve archived data reduces both future liability and storage costs, permitting your Alexandria, VA business to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Trusted Alexandria, VA Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has provided Alexandria, VA businesses both large and small a full complement of data management solutions. From our beginnings as a document scanning company, we have expanded to offer remote work, data migration, and cloud storage solutions suitable for any size organization in Alexandria, VA.
The staff at HITS has dedicated ourselves through the years to always being the leaders in data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you choose what data you need, and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and save it for future reference either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or an existing document management platform.
When in the market for a system to enable a easy transition from the main office in Alexandria to the home office, pick HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our process guarantees that data is made viewable from any platform, so your team can be free to work from wherever they please, with no need to worry about security.
HITS also offers a full array of other data management services, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for preserving documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also provide what other Alexandria, VA data management firms can't--personalized service that hears your needs and proposes the right data management products for your particular situation.
Other services we offer in Alexandria, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
HITS has collaborated with governments, corporations, and hospitals of all sizes in Alexandria, VA and is eager to help you rethink how you look at your data management. Call us today at 888-455-4484, or contact us online to speak with a member of our staff and learn more about how HITS can assist you in meeting your data management goals.