Data Management Reston, VA. As technology changes and the need to view and edit data at any time becomes less a goal and more a requirement, firms large and small in Reston, VA are making themselves aware of the need for a dedicated data management contractor. Whether keeping proprietary data secure for years to come, preserving paper documents for future access, or cutting document storage costs while limiting liabilty, competent data management can make the difference between your Reston company being ready for the future and being stuck in the past.
HITS has been a leader in data management in Reston, VA for over 25 years. We have earned a reputation for using cutting-edge technology to convert your data and guarantee that top-secret data stays secure. Our cloud-based data management systems are the prime solution for any size Reston business to allow their employees to access needed information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike in Reston, VA work with HITS to help reach their data management needs for a reason. We provide affordable, trusted solutions with a level of personal service that is unequaled. If you are looking to reimagine your data management, call us today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online to find out more about what HITS can do for your Reston, VA firm.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is the process of generating, storing, organizing, maintaining, and utilizing data in a way that benefits their internal operations. It involves the use of technologies and procedures to ensure the accuracy, completeness, security, and accessibility of data throughout its lifecycle. The objective of data management is to turn data into useful information that can prop up decision-making and make your business more productive and efficient, as well as to boost workflow efficiency.
7 Ways You Can Make Your Data Management More Efficient
Here are seven steps you can take to improve your Reston, VA organization's data management:
- Clarify your data governance policies — Establish clear procedures for managing data, including who is responsible for generating or collecting the data and what types of data you need to hold onto.
- Implement data management technologies — Acquire data management technologies that can automate data collection, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is dependable. Different data management platforms also make you more time- and cost-efficient and reduce difficulty in accessing documents by making information easier to find.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and formatted consistently so that your employees will be able to manage and utilize the data easily.
- Improve data quality — Implement processes to monitor data quality, including data validation and checking for mistakes. Regularly monitoring data can ensure it's not corrupted or inaccurate.
- Foster data literacy — Encourage employees to become more data literate, so they understand how to use data effectively to make informed choices. Offers training to help employees understand data management concepts and technologies.
- Establish data security protocols — Reduce your liability. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Don't stay satisfied with your data management procedures — The world of IT and technology is constantly changing. Regularly review your data management processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
At HITS, we have almost three decades of experience helping Reston, VA companies of all sizes, in numerous industries, create effective data management procedures.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your Reston, VA Organization
The past years have only emphasized the need for Reston companies of all sizes to build a robust data management plan that takes into account adaptability, security, and accessibility. More Reston, VA employees are confident that the ability to work from home will not only be allowed but also expanded in the next few years. This means that they must have the ability to access any data from any device, even if they are not on a network as secure as the network at your main facility.
Technology's unstoppable progression, and how your business plans to adapt to these changes, is also crucial when making a data management strategy. Software platforms that were cutting-edge even two or three years ago can become outdated and abandoned practically overnight. The growing use of cloud-based systems presents its own questions: should our Reston, VA firm create our own digital ecosystem, or should we use third-party technology and pray that it stays supported throughout its lifecycle? Also, when moving between software formats, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and guarantee full compatibility must also be emphasized.
Good data management must also emphasize security and document liability. Older files deteriorate over time, which means that important historical data--or patient information, like fetal monitoring strips, that must be kept to meet best practices--must be properly digitized to ensure continued access without loss of quality. Keeping old physical data also brings up liability concerns, as one cannot predict if fire or water damage can ravage files in storage. Acting quickly to preserve and digitize historical data reduces both future liability and storage costs, allowing your Reston, VA business to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Trusted Reston, VA Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has provided Reston, VA businesses of all sizes a complete array of data management solutions. From our beginnings as a document scanning company, we have expanded to offer data migration, cloud storage, and remote work solutions built for any size organization in Reston, VA.
The team at HITS has dedicated itself over the years to always being on the cutting edge of data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you determine what data you need, and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and preserve it for future use either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or an existing document management platform.
When searching for a system to provide a seamless transition from the main office in Reston to the home office, choose HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our technology makes sure that data is made viewable from any computer, so your team can be free to work from anywhere they want, with no security concerns.
HITS also offers a full array of other data management services, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for preserving documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also offer what other Reston, VA data management firms do not--personalized service that listens to your needs and offers the right data management solutions for your particular situation.
Other services we offer in Reston, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
HITS has partnered with governments, corporations, and hospitals of all sizes in Reston, VA and is eager to help you rethink the way you look at your data management. Call us today at 888-455-4484, or contact us online to speak with a member of our staff and learn more about how HITS can assist you in meeting your data management goals.